Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sweet Smells of Summer

Hello Readers! It's almost the end of the school year and you realize what that means! Beach trips!!! Sounds of waves crashing methodically onto the shore, mix with the laughs and cries of beach parties. People happily converse with one another, enjoying the company of old friends-- chances for intimate interactions occur, creating the beginning of summer-long romances! I am so thrilled for this summer!

Tomorrow I'm going to experiment with a Thai Dish called "Coconut Sticky Rice with Mango", a dish that literally tastes like summer in your mouth. The first time I ate it, my whole entire world fell into my taste buds- it's simply too good to never try (thus I recommend it for you!). So I thought -with my limited cooking skills- I would try making it for a Beach trip my friends and I are having this week.

Here is the recipe I'm using: http://www.thaitable.com/Thai/recipes/Mango_on_Sticky_Rice.htm
Though this one seems good too:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Coconut-Milk-Sticky-Rice-with-Mangoes-233842

So I'm going to experiment tomorrow! If you want, try it and let me know how it worked for you, then maybe you can help me haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment